The Parish Ministry Associate (PMA) Program of the Nebraska Synod seeks to help identify the gifts God has given God’s people and help equip those people for the ministry of sharing the Good News among all people.
There are a variety of ways PMAs serve in partnership with ordained pastors:
- As dedicated volunteers in their own congregation, often with a specific ministry focus.
- By being available for pulpit supply in their area.
- By serving on the staff of a church or synod-related ministry.
- By being available for assignment by the bishop to serve a congregation as its pastoral leader or transitional minister.
Each PMA chooses how they will serve and may be invited to serve in ways not imagined.
To learn more about the PMA program, read the brochure below and contact the program staff or a member of the PMA Steering Committee.
Pastor Steve Meysing
Assistant to the Bishop/PMA Program Director
Pastor Carol Mapa
308-532-0250, then press 4
Please send PMA correspondence to:
Nebraska Synod, ELCA
P.O. Box 1462
North Platte, NE 69103-1462
Requests for renewal of sacramental authorization for assigned PMAs are sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Documents and Forms (MS Word format unless otherwise specified)
- Ministries Interests Summary
- Application for Renewal of Certification
- Assigned PMA Service Agreement
- Sample New Request for Sacrament Authorization
- Sample Request for Renewal of Sacrament Authorization
- Data Update Sheet
- Assigned PMAs Annual Report to the Bishop
- Supervisors Annual Report to the Bishop
- Mentors and Council Annual Report to the Bishop
PMA Steering Committee
This committee provides guidance and support to the Synod’s Parish Ministry Associate program.
- Pastor Steve Meysing, Assistant to the Bishop
- Pastor Baron Cole, Franklin (2015-2018), phone: 308-425-9907
- Ron Lau, PMA, Rising City (2014-2017), phone: 402-981-9655 (c), 402-315-9827 (h)
- Maurine Roller, PMA, Alliance (2014-2017)
- Kathy Salts, PMA, Broken Bow (2014-2017), phone: 308-872-5093
- Karen Swift, PMA, Omaha (2013-2016), phone: 402-651-8630
- Brenda Tophoj, PMA, Lewellen (2015-2018), phone: 308-778-6873
- Pastor Dale Topp, Wisner (2013-2016), phone: 402-841-2179
- Pastor Carol Mapa, PMA Administrator (ex officio)
- Janet Anderson, PMA Student, Gretna (2015-2016)